Cheers for beer! But what do you do when some of that tasty beverage ends up on your carpet? Don’t let a beer stain end your party follow these tips and bust that spot fast!
Beer contains sugar and that means if left untreated a beer stain will attract dirt and dust; you’ll end up with a much uglier stain if you don’t treat this one promptly.
- Soak up any excess beer with paper towels or dry cloths.
- Mix a fourth of a teaspoon of dish soap into 2 cups of warm water, agitate the mixture until it’s totally combined. Apply the mixture to the affected area, work from the outside towards the center.
- Let that mixture sit on the spot for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing with clean water and drying the area thoroughly with clean cloths.
- If the spot is gone you are done!
- If not repeat the same steps as above but this time try a tablespoon of white vinegar in 2 cups of warm water. Apply, wait 5 minutes, rinse then dry.