Accidents happen and assuming that you are okay then you probably want to clean up that blood stains right away. If it’s not taken care of promptly it will leave a dark reddish brown stain. Also, it’s not exactly hygienic so let’s get to it!
- Pick up any solids and soak up excess liquids with clean towels.
- You will want to mix a squirt of dish detergent (not the bleach kind) into 4 cups of warm water. Mix that up and then apply it slowly and evenly to the area where the blood is. Work from the outer edges of the stain in towards the center.
- Let the soapy water do it’s magic for at least five minutes.
- Soak up the liquid like you did with the blood then apply clean water to rinse (and soak that up too!)
- Is the stain gone? If not we have something else you can try: suds free white ammonia may do the job. Just mix 2 tbsp of ammonia with 4 cups of cold water and let that soak into the stain for 10 minutes. Now soak that up, rinse and dry again.