Butter is great on toast but not fabulous on your carpet! Because it’s greasy butter can be tough to remove but here are some things you can try.
- Use paper towels to pick up as much of the butter as quickly as you can, hope fully it’s still solid. It’s important to work quickly. If the butter has become liquid you can soak it up with paper towel. When you no longer see any grease spots on the paper towels then you are ready to move to the next step.
- Soapy water- combine cold water and a bit of dish soap and apply that to the butter stain.
- Soak up the soapy water with clean towels and then apply clean water to rinse.
- Dry the area with clean towels apply firm downward pressure, working from the edge of the spot towards the middle.
- Is the butter gone? If not you might try repeating the same process you used with the soapy water but this time use white vinegar instead of the dish detergent.