Okay but having chocolate on your carpet is far from sweet. Chocolate has fat in it, is a pretty strong natural colorant and of course it’s loaded with sugar which makes a chocolate stain a triple headache. Luckily, if treated promptly you have excellent chances of removing all traces of chocolate from your carpet.
Oh and this is what to try for dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate and all your yummy chocolate varieties.
- Use a metal spoon to scrape up as much of the chocolate from the surface as you can. A you remove the chocolate you can wipe it onto a paper towel.
- If the chocolate is really gooey you might want to apply an ice pack; you can make one easily by putting a couple of ice cubes into a sealed plastic bag. Then simply set the ice pack over the chocolate and give it a few minutes to harden up.
- When you have removed all of the chocolate you can with your spoon then you can try soap and water. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of mild dish soap or carpet shampoo into 2 cups of warm water. Pour this slowly onto the spot, press a clean cloth down into the stain.
- Rinse the area with clean water, be careful not to get the carpet too wet.
- Use clean towels to dry the area, never rubbing. Just press the towels firmly downward into the stain.