Egg on the carpet is a carpet cleaning emergency! If raw egg dries on your carpet it can create a hard, shiny stain that can be very difficult to remove. One thing to keep in mind when cleaning raw egg: keep it cold. You don’t want to use warm water, you might cook the egg!
- Remove as much of the egg a possible using either paper towels or a non metallic spatula.
- Mix 3 cups of cold water with 1/4 teaspoon dish soap (or carpet shampoo) and 2 tsp of white vinegar. Apply half of that to the spot.
- Blot up the liquid with clean dry towels, paper is fine. Keep blotting until it’s dry.
- Apply the other half of the mixture to the spot and repeat the blotting process.
- Apply clean water to the spot to rinse and then blot it dry again.